Justice Access Centre (Vancouver and Nanaimo)
The Justice Access Centre, with offices located in Vancouver and Nanaimo, can help you get the information you need to prepare your family or civil case.
Visit the centre to do the following:
- Learn about the court system and court procedures.
- Get legal information.
- Locate and fill out the court forms relevant to your case.
- Find out about free legal advice.
- Find alternatives to going to court.
- Get referred to a mediator (either a family justice counsellor at the centre or a private mediator) or to other dispute resolution professionals.
Within the Vancouver office, there's a Self-Help and Information Services centre to help you with your Supreme Court family or civil matters. There's a library, computers you can use, and dedicated staff to help you find what you need.
The Nanaimo office offers a smaller resource room also with self-help materials.
Where can I find Justice Access Centres?
Justice Access Centres only provide information in person. You can just drop in or call beforehand to make an appointment.
290 – 800 Hornby Street
|302 – 65 Front Street
Phone: 250-741-5447 or 1-800-578-8511 (call no charge)
To find out more, go to the Ministry of Justice's website.